When starting a business, it is vital to select the optimal organizational structure. The form of entity selected for a business greatly impacts the daily operations of the business, the income tax consequences, and the liability exposure, not only to the business, but also to its owners.
Kestler | Derryberry LLP has assisted numerous clients with this important step in business formation. We review the goals and individual facts present in each situation and recommend the best entity and the different elections options available under each. The types of entities include: Limited or General Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies (LLC), Corporations (including Subchapter S corps), and Non-Profit entities.
Our business law services extend well beyond the mere selection of the appropriate business entity. Our Attorneys are involved from the initial conference and decision making, through document preparation and filing with the appropriate authorities, to post-formation activities such as the preparation and adoption of bylaws and director / shareholder minutes and resolutions. After a business is formed and operating, Kestler | Derryberry LLP can assist further with any business and commercial law matters or litigation that may arise.
Whether your business is big or small, the Attorneys at Kestler | Derryberry LLP are ready to assist you with all of your business law related matters. Among the numerous services we provide are:
- General Corporate Counsel
- Business Entity Formation
- Business Entity Maintenance
- Strategic Business Planning
- Contracts: drafting, negotiating, and reviewing all types of contracts, whether commercial or private
- Building or Acquiring Facilities or Equipment
- Business Mergers or Business Acquisitions
- Purchase and/or Sale Agreements for goods or services Litigation
- Compliance with the constantly growing array of rules, regulations, codes, ordinances, statutes and laws affecting businesses
- Breach of contract; enforcement of a contractual obligation
- Collections; Terminations and Business Dissolution
Contact us today to learn how Kestler | Derryberry LLP can provide services in the area of business law for your company.